WHO WE ARE
CASA Kane County is a Guardian ad Litem, nonprofit volunteer organization that advocates for the best interests of children in abuse, neglect and private guardianship cases within the Juvenile Court system.
We believe all children in the foster care system will have a safe, nurturing and permanent home where they can thrive with the support and involvement of their community.
Well-chosen values serve as meaningful guidelines for every program or activity, regardless of whether the stakeholders are volunteers, staff, advising boards or others.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT CASA
Listen to this Podcast!
Gloria Kelley, CASA Executive Director, and a CASA volunteer talk with Bill and Carol Waxenberg of “Once Upon A Time” podcast about what it means to be a Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem.
WHAT YOUR DOLLARS
- Helping victims of child abuse and neglect
- Creating greater awareness to prevent child abuse and neglect
- Providing court referred treatment programs for at-risk children
- Recruitment to qualify and quantify CASA/GAL volunteers
- Case and advocacy supervision for the best interests of our children
in foster care
- Technology to assess and meet the needs of every case, child and volunteer
- Experiences for all children to attend a concert or theatre
- Suitcases and incidentals to meet basic needs
- Education and training for better outcomes to serve 100% of every child from birth to 21
- A caring person who will advocate for what is in that child’s best interests
Watch this 3-minute video on how CASA Kane County provides hope for children in an overburdened foster care system.
OUR IMPACT IN NUMBERS
CASA Kane County relied on nearly 220 trained volunteers to represent 468 children in Juvenile and Probate Courts last year. These children range in age from birth to 21-year-olds who are ready to live independently. All of these children and young adults relied on their CASA/GAL volunteer to make certain that their goals of safety and permanency were achieved.
General Program Volunteer
Chairman's Advisory Panel (CAP)
Stay up-to-date on our latest news and events