The CASA Kane County Children’s Champion Celebration Gala was held on March 4, 2023, at the Q Center in St. Charles. The event was a fundraiser to support CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) Kane County’s efforts to help children who have experienced abuse and neglect in the community. The theme for this year’s event was “Be the Lighthouse In a Child’s Storm”.
With just over 200 volunteers in 2022, CASA continued its service to 100% of cases of child abuse and neglect in Kane County, and what some may not realize is that more than half of these children do not remain in Kane County. This organization stays with the children wherever they are fostered throughout the state.
Nearly 100,000 miles were driven to see and
work on behalf of children and youth ages 0-21. This included 7,092 child visits.
12,274 hours were spent on cases to serve the children in care.
There were 1,411 court hearings.
1,200+ interviews were conducted with parents, foster parents, teachers, therapists, and doctors.
CASA Kane County celebrated 138 cases closed:
73 children were able to be reunified with parents.
36 children were able to be adopted. A new disheartening record was set in Kane County.
613 children served… in 354 cases.
This was a 78% increase in cases and 85% increase in children served in 3 years.
AnnMarie Fauske, Deputy Director took the stage after a very powerful video showing the statistics of CASA Kane County’s impact from 2022. Watch the Video HERE.
“In the words of “Lift Them Up”, Rihanna’s song in our Gala video, YOU HAVE lifted them up. Others, may raise their hands in frustration and ask who is taking care of these children in need? It is YOU. It has been YOU. You are the lighthouse in OUR children’s storms.
What I have found is that you only need to learn about CASA Kane County to love and support CASA Kane County. We have an amazing community to live and work. I see the faces of our volunteers, our donors, our business leaders, our judicial system members, our friends and neighbors… OUR COMMUNITY, and I thank you. We thank you.”
The event featured silent and live auctions, a grand raffle, formal dinner, VIP upgrade options, complimentary professional photos, musical entertainment, and dancing to the music of Soda. Ryan & Raffaella Fuelling were honored as the Children’s Champion award recipients, and auction items included several exciting trips, a concert evening with dinner, golf experiences, and packages from many local establishments.
CASA Kane County’s Children’s Champion Gala would not have been as successful without the support of many individual donors and the many businesses and sponsors listed below. Thank you for the support you give, allowing CASA Kane County to provide services to the children in need.
- Apex CPAs and Consultants
- Batir Architecture/Optimal Construction Services
- Carl & Lisa Schoedel
- Chicago Blackhawks Foundation
- Kellenberger Electric, Inc. / iWire Technologies
- Liquor ‘N’ Wine
- OTTO Engineering
- Parent Petroleum
- Shaw Media/KC Chronicle
- The Ivy Academy of Early Learning
- Vertex Resource Group, Inc./WageSolutions
- Porter Pipe & Supply
- Associated Bank
- Corcoran Commercial Real Estate
- Nadler Golf Car Sales, Inc.
- Steiner Electric
- Software Sponsor: Unilock Chicago, Inc.
- Champagne: Vertex Resource Group, Inc.
- Dessert Sponsor: Vertex Resource Group, Inc.
- Paddle Raise: Ryan & Raffaella Fuelling
- Bar Sponsor: Joshua Harris & Amy Hitchinson
- Cocktail Napkin Sponsor: Parent Petroleum
- Cocktail Napkin Sponsor: Dock and Door
- Wine Pull Sponsor: All About You Dental
- Coat Check Sponsor: Gerald Auto Group
- Coat Check Sponsor: Carlson’s Floors
- Coat Check Sponsor: Waubonsee Community College
- Coat Check Sponsor: Old Second Bank
- Late Night Snack: Beef Shack